Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Herb Farming for Profit and XP

I am an avid farmer, and you will find few other skills that offer such a high ratio of gold to time invested. In this post I will outline my power farming course. I use this a few times a day, and with practice, you can shave your farming time down to less than 10 minutes a circuit.

Start location: Any bank

Inventory:
1 herb seed, 1 marigold seed, ectophial, and a charged wearing a glory, and any weight reducing equipment you have.

Use the ecto teleport and run to the plot there. Plant the herb and flower patch.

Glory tele to Draynor, bank, and grab herb and flower seeds, air staff and a law.

Here you can also grab a Nightshade and turnip seeds, and plant the Draynor mansion plots before doing the Fally plot. It adds about 1.5 to 2 minutes to your circuit, but is worth it for the herblore and summoning supplies.

Plant the Fally plot, then tele to Camelot and pick that plot.


Bank and grab herb and flower seeds for the next 2 plantings, plant Catherby (and pick any herbs if you had a bumper crop), then run to the Ardo plot harvest and plant there.

From here you can run to the bank, but I usually just glory to Edge, it is much faster.

Next grab a fire staff, 2 laws, and a final herb seed to plant the last herb patch.

Then entire trip should take you less than ten minutes, and when done a few times a day it will seriously increase your bank account balance while at the same time giving your farming a decent boost. Herbs grow in about 75 minutes and flowers grow much faster, but the XP really isn't worth it to chain farm flowers.

I will go over the types of flowers and herbs as well as your expected ROI to plant tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is inspiring, i might make one of the likes... if you don't mind that is...

Turbo said...

Go right ahead. If I had meant the information to be private, I sure wouldn't have posted about it.

Anonymous said...

I do allotments as well and take all my seeds with me along with a Terrorbird to ease inventory space. If I bank it's literally dump stuff and go. Also I use the troll herb patch and the allotments (seeing as I'm there) Each round is 75 mins, but I use the amulet of farming to tell me when the first herb patch is ready then give it 15 mins since then to start again. Once a day I add the specials to this run, nightshade, cactus, mushroom etc. dependant on seeds I have. Nice tips about the marigolds, more xp and profit even if you pay the farmer.

Anonymous said...

Where do I get herb seeds?