Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Reason for Swamp Lizard Price Increase

I gained 3 more hunter levels last night catching Swamp Lizards, and they just kept selling. I can catch them much faster than normal chinchompas, so all around it was a good bit of training in a skill I have neglected quite a bit. I am sure this XP per hour will change as I go up in level, and the inconvenience of banking does have an impact in training, but for the time being, I will take the extra cash generated by catching them.

Now for the meat, the reason for Swamp Lizards going over 1k each is that they are in great demand as a second for summoning. The level 85 Swamp Titan (150 shards and a crimson token) takes these as the second, and is a very popular way to train summoning. Even with the cost above 1000gp, this makes them one of the most cost effective ways to train summoning above level 85.

I want to thank a buddy from my clan, Carlo, for coming up with the idea that they might be in demand as a second. A quick trip to the KG and sure enough they were. Now if I had only had had the foresight to see that a month ago, and purchased a mil worth of lizards...

4 comments:

chaosgone said...

Good idea! I haven't done any hunting in a while; I will try that.

Turbo said...

Thanks Chaos. These things might actually be a decent investment if you have spare cash. The are continuing to go up in value.

Anonymous said...

I figured out that if you had spent 1 mil on swamp lizards when they were worth 17gp each; they would now be worth over 100 mil. I sure wish I had thought of that.

Turbo said...

Yes. You would have well over 100mil. No use in crying over spilled milk though.