Friday, April 18, 2008

Make thousands with Hunter



There are a few things with hunter that are consistent money makers, well two normal and red chins, but what about for lower levels? There isn't much. Last night I came across a curiosity while browsing the new GE graphs. Take a look at this:

I made nearly a quarter mil last night catching these things and finally got those last few levels so I can catch chins now, but I am going back to swamp lizards because they are still fast XP, and they sell for more.

In the past 30 days, the price has risen from 17gp each a whopping 3450% to 937 max price. I sold all of mine for max and the trades went through instantly. Why are they so high? My first guess is that there is some site out there doing RWT using them as a cash source. They surely aren't in demand weapon wise, and you don't see people carrying them around every day.

This is a very safe investment of time, and a decent amount of XP. Just catch bank and sell. The swamp lizards are located in the hunter area near Canafis, a short walk from the
ecto tele or the Ancients tele as well. Just grab your Larupia outfit (although catching them is so fast you really don't need it), 3-4 nets and ropes for the traps and start setting up net traps.

Here are the number of traps you can set up:
Hunter level Maximum traps
20 - 39 Two traps at a time
40 - 59 Three traps at a time
60 - 79 Four traps at a time
80 - 99 Five traps at a time

Many guides say to bring the nature pouch, but that really isn't necessary either, as the attacking ghasts didn't hit me for more than 2hp, and very infrequently when they did. At level 49, I was catching them so fast I didn't have time to bait or smoke the nets, so leave that struff, and catch one more per trip.

Take advantage of this before others catch on and the market corrects itself. If you are looking for a purely speculative way to make cash, you might try your hand at just buying swamp lizards and selling them in a few hours or a day. The price is still rising, but the bottom could fall out at any time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks... I just made 200k with this method its almost as easy as red chinchompas... the only difficulty is finding a buyer

Turbo said...

Throw them up on the Grand Exchange at max price. I am still selling all the lizards I can catch instantly.