Sunday, June 8, 2008

Content thieves

I have been following a blog for a bit. (This one), just because it seemed to be soo much crap. I first though it might be an older player who just quit, the url didn't tip me off at the time, but I guess it should have. gprunescape.com. Wonder what their goal is.

Vaskor wrote today about stealing content on blogs and I though I would chime in as well about these low lifes. grurnescape is just a plain old gold seller, and have that blog to increase their ratings on search engines. On some days they have over 10 posts, and don't even bother to check the content. Lots is from pre-ge and revnant days, and it just makes no sense in today's RS. Does that fool anyone but the search engines?

They are even stealing directly from the RS forums. The sad thing is that on the internet, there isn't much you can do to combat this blatant stealing of content.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty sad that they would do that, but it must be common practice nowadays. I was looking through my blog's statistics some time ago and found the URL of a page linking to mine, a gold selling website, which turned out to have stolen half of my blog. There were also posts from Anubis' blog (from RSBandB), and probably others', though I can't remember any.