Friday, May 2, 2008

Grrr! My rant about Grind X.

Hi all, kind of in a ranty mood today. I checked out this month's updates and at the bottom there is a blurb about the new introduction of grind X. I am pretty much 100% against this change. With 84 herblore, I do a lot of sara brews, and need tons of nests. It is very fast to grind them manually, bank, grab more and repeat.

It is much the same as fletching and herblore used to be, where you were limited in speed only by how fast you could click. The new 'make X' options artificially slow down production. Cook X wasn't so bad because of the wait time in there to actually cook the food, but there was no wait time between stringing 2 bows or adding 2 herbs to vials (or seconds for that matter).

With the invent of the GE (don't get my wrong, I love it), the herb market went into the shitter. Potions are now much cheaper than the herbs and seconds that make them, and training herblore has become one of the most expensive skills in the game to train. Why make it any slower Jagex?

Anyone think the same? Post here and let me know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea one person suggested. Having a toggle for the grind/cook/fletch/etc. X. That way if you like it you can have it on and if you don't like you can not have that option.

Turbo said...

Now that is a good idea! They toggled the warning messages, toggling the 'make X' option would solve the solution for all.

Unknown said...

Really good idea with the toggling. I'd definitely toggle mine off. :P

Anonymous said...

kama, the pots are cheaper, not more expensive than the herbs and seconds together.

Turbo said...

D'oh! No idea how that one slipped by. I got it all fixed up. I was either:

1. Asleep at the keyboard
2. Switched them out
-or-
3. Meaning they were more expensive to make than buy

How was that for a top 3 list. I though about trying to make 10 reasons, but then though that since excuses are like assholes (we all have them and they all stink), I would leave it as is.

Vaskor said...

There is a good reason behind Make-X options which has nothing to do with slowing training. Take a look at my post from Nov 17, 2007 in the Runescape Reader's Digest.

Turbo said...

Thanks for popping in Vaskor. For my readers, here is the link to the post he is referring to: Why Make-X options? http://runescapereader.blogspot.com/2007/11/why-make-x-options.html

I replied there if you want to know what I though.