Friday, May 16, 2008

Hot Keys


A while back I took a few month break from Runescape. During that time there was a pretty cool update I had no clue about until last week when I was playing and accidentally hit the F12 key, and my interface jumped to the song list. That is how I learned about hot keys.

I asked some of my buddies in game about them and surprisingly no one really seemed to use, or even care bout them. After a bit of digging, I found the Game Engine Update from June 29, 2007. There is nothing about it in the KB either, and that is the first place I searched.

Here they are:

Esc - Inventory
F1 - Combat options
F2 - Your statistics
F3 - Quest Journal
F4 - Equipped interface
F5 - Prayer
F6 - Spellbook
F8 - Friends list
F9 - Ignore list
F10 - Options interface
F11 - Emotes
F12 - Music Player

Although some of those hot keys are useless, (who needs to open up the music player quickly?) F1, F4, and F5 make game play much faster. I used F1 to get through that first fight in 'Legacy of Seergaze' recently, and it made things quite a bit easier. Although I haven't tried it, I am sure it will help speed things up when trying to kill Jad in the fight caves.

Do you use the hot keys?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about the hotkeys. I will have to try them, thanks!

Turbo said...

They aren't well publicized, and aren't noted in the KB at all. For a while I though I might be the only one not using them, but this post has garnered a lot of attention from others, so I guess I am not alone.

B Miller said...

nice job with this blog and hints i thought it was just a glitch lol i like wut u risked typing those keys for the good of the rest and i got this link from runehints too for ur info =)

Anonymous said...

Those hotkeys don't work for me.
F1 = Bag
F2 = Equipment
F3 = Prayer
F4 = Magicbook
F5 = Combat Styles

F6 / F12 = nothing,
i could use the hotkey for my
statics, only can't find the hotkey.

Gratzz

Anonymous said...

anonymous thats the same as me. can some1 tell me how i could get to use the others. also esc for the inventory is f1 to me? please tell me. my rs name is crackack7

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deavas86 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deavas86 said...

that not true for me. f6-f9, and f12 do nothing. f1 goes to inventory, f2 goes to worn equipment, f3 goes to prayer, f4 goes to magic, f5 goes to attack style, f10 goes to the quick chat menu of the skill i was last using, and f11 says the last thing i said using qc. is there a way to change this? if so, how? my rs name is 86deavas