Monday, May 12, 2008

Rune Mysteries Part II

I have been chatting up my air talisman low cost RC experience, and one of my clan mates pointed out that it really wasn't so hit after all. I will give him the point that at his level, it is actually slower than crafting runes with all the available additions he has access to, so I though I would quantify myself a bit more and give a numerical break down.

First, you lose money crafting air tiaras at any level, so you are buying XP. Why would this be a viable option when you can craft runes and have something for your work? Well... you might be like me and really not like RC, and are only looking for XP at any price, or you might have a goal (or quest req) that you want regardless of the cost. If you don't want to lose money then craft airs until you can do double cosmics.

One other thing, I don't have RC gloves, so I will leave them out.

When crafting tiaras, you really should bring your pouches filled with ess. I carry 10 tiaras, 10 talismans, 3 pouches, and 6 rune ess. (I wear one of the tiaras if you were wondering why that ads up to 29 items). One trip gets me 250 XP from tiaras and 120 from making air runes for a total of 330 a trip.

This is the fastest RC XP in the game not including the abyss. Fairy rings to the nature alter do come close, and are actually faster if you have 62 summoning though.

Now if you are using the abyss for example, at level 44 RC you can only get 315 XP per trip, with 2 pouches and 26 ess. You need to hit 50 to be able to use that third pouch to make abyss RCing beat air tiaras.

With 25-49 RC, making air tiaras would look like this: 2 pouches, 13 tiaras, 13 talismans and a rune ess. You would get 325xp from tiaras, and 50xp form making the runes, for a total of 375.

In my book that is still pretty good, but I have to concede the point if you have at least 77 RC, and 62 summoning, you can blow those numbers away with 661.5 XP per trip to the blood alter.

No comments: