Saturday, May 10, 2008

Herblore

Ever read Truthscape? I have been poking around on that site for the past few days, and wanted to comment about something they had in the 'herblore secrets' section. I had planned another post about this, but I might as well get it over with here today. There is a section called: The Pros and Cons of Combining Three Dose Potions into Four, that I take some exception to. In general you can't make money off combining potions, but you can also make over a mil an hour doing this. Here is the data I put together in my post on the truthscape forums for super restores:

3 dose Super restores are 8155 (actually over priced today, but that is beside my point)
28 super restores are 228,340
These combine to make 21 4 dose potions
Sold at max that is 241,500

That is a 13,160 profit per inventory (28-3 dose or 21-4 dose). I am not a fan of XP-less money making, but using your numbers of 1,120 three dose to 840 four dose in 30 minutes, that is 1,052,800gp an hour. Do these potions sell? I have never had an auction last more than an hour, and 90% of the time the four dose potions sell instantly. Why? because the players using them are not interested in saving a few gp here and there. They want their potions and they want to get back to killing dagganoth kings, soloing the KQ, or whatever else they are using them on, and the profits outweigh the costs involved here. A mil an hour is nothing to scoff at and I just though it deserved a mention.
Combining super restores is a method I have used to regain some cash after losing everything a few months back. Like I said, I am not a fan of no XP money making, but this really is worth the time spent.

No comments: